Monday, May 28, 2012

5/28

Remember the time I said it was really dry out here? Well, we've gotten about 4" of rain in the last 10 days. Prairie Creek has a lot of water in it and some fields have standing water in them. We had a pretty big rain last night and are supposed to get some more Wednesday night. It is what it is. The major downside to this is that when I can get back in the field, it will be to finish cultivating and then start hilling corn, so I don't think I'll have time to spray my beans, which means I won't be able to use my sprayer. I don't know. I guess we'll see what happens.

Yesterday Dad and I finally finished the chicken house and Shay moved the chicks into it. I kind of like them better now that they aren't stinking up my garage. Shay's happy, so that's the main thing.

I've got some beans that I need to go look at. They got hailed pretty badly last week. Dad and I are hoping that we won't have to replant. They were looking rough, but beans are weird and recover from weather pretty well. Some guys intentionally damage their beans to make them bush out more. Kind of a weird plant.

Hope everyone's Memorial Day is going well. I should probably go mow the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment