Friday, February 1, 2013

After Much Contemplation

I've decide to switch 40 acres here at home from soybean to corn production this year. I've done all kinds of math, and I can make quite a bit more raising corn this next year. You know, provided we don't get hailed out or have greensnap or we don't raise 160bu/acre corn on 99 million acres this year. But, at worst, I'll make the same amount as beans would've, and corn is just a lot more fun to harvest.

I convinced myself today while sitting on my arse waiting for the window guys to leave. I believe they are finishing up the last window now, so I got that going for me, which is nice. No more banging on the house when I'm trying to look at tractors I can't afford or while I try to take that afternoon nap I desperately need after my caffeine high from the morning goes away.

Every year I'm ready for winter, and every year at this time I go stir crazy. I'm not ready to start the year, but I'm ready to start the year, you know what I'm saying?

Yes, I do believe I know what you are saying. <--------------------------- For the South Park fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment