Thursday, September 6, 2012

Last Go 'Round

I'm hopeful that this will be the last time that I have to water the soybeans. If it's not, well, I guess it won't be that bad. There's a field I irrigate for Dad that had to be replanted June 1 as it got hailed out, so that'll need watered a couple more times probably, but all of the other beans are turning pretty quickly. I started my pivot last night to finish things out. Took a quick picture when I drove by to check it this morning:


Dad hand checked the moisture of his 97 day corn and it test 14.5% moisture, so it might be closer to 16%, but that means we'll be picking corn tomorrow. Hopefully. St. Paul Equipment was putting a new AC compressor on and then the combine should be ready to go. I think there are only about 50 acres of that short season corn, so we won't be going full tilt. After we're done with that, we'll probably be 10-14 days out on harvest starting all out. Might be sooner than that the way the wind has been blowing and as hot as it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment