Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Starting to Feel Like Fall

Even though it was 100 degrees today (yeah, really) I can feel the seasons changing.

I had a craving for Pizza Hut, so Wife and I went up to St. Paul tonight for a classy evening on the town. On the way home, I took some gravel roads to look at crops. The sun is setting earlier, it cools off at night and it smells like fall. If you've ever driven by corn fields when the corn is maturing, you know what I mean.

It's pretty refreshing to me to see corn turning brown and beans turning yellow and dropping their leaves after the summer we've had. A week from today will mark three months ago that we started irrigating, and it's been non-stop since then. That is highly unusual for us. To see the crops maturing gives me a small feeling of euphoria, knowing that we got through the worst summer this area has seen in decades. It goes to show that leaning on God will get you through anything. I freaked out enough as it was. I have no idea where I'd be without his wisdom, love and grace.

Seems like we were at this stage so long ago:


No comments:

Post a Comment