Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm Back

Well, we survived MusicFest at Steamboat Springs. Had a great time. Saw some good music, ate some good food, and probably had a couple too many adult beverages. I'm not one to be away from home for long, but I could hang out in the mountains for days on end. It seems like a different kind of cold there, almost like it's less cold than here, even though it's actually colder. Makes sense, right? Shay and I were talking about buying a condo up there someday. You know, when we become millionaires. That's scheduled to happen the 10th of Never.

I'm on the verge of making a very adult decision to pay off my student loans. When did I get so boring? If I pay them off now, it'll save us over $8,000 in interest over the next ten years, which we could apply to Shay's student loans, which will save us more interest. I hate debt and will sacrifice to get out of it. We have also started putting more money into our IRAs every month. Look at me go. Being all responsible with money and such. Who the hell am I and when did I get here?

We are adopting a dog. My sister's dog is an escape artist and doesn't like being penned up in town, so he's coming here to roam. I hope it works out ok. We have quite the animal herd going.

Been reading a lot. I read a mystery novel that Dad recommended, and of course it was the first in a series, and I really liked it (HEY! Stop judging me for reading mystery novels!) so I have six books I need to buy. I'm reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower now, and I really like it so far. It's almost inspiring me to write poetry again. I've been feeling the tug for awhile now, but haven't sat down to do it. It still boggles my mind that there are people out there that want to read my poetry. Will wonders never cease?


No comments:

Post a Comment