Friday, December 16, 2011

Double Post!

Yeah, twice in one day. Lucky you!

Dad mentioned about a month ago that he thought he had seen Grandpa's old Chevy sitting up at St. Paul Equipment. One day, we were headed up to O'Neill to look at a tractor, so we swung through St. Paul Equipment, and sure enough, there sat Grandpa's blue truck, affectionately known to us as "The Bomb." It's an '88 Chevy K3500 4x4 with a 454. $500 and some help from my cousin Jake, and it's home again:





The key tumbler is all busted to crap, but a needle nose pliers works. We drove it around the farm yard a little bit yesterday when we got it home. I have some tires in the barn I need to put on it, it needs a fan, and I should probably fix the steering column so I can use a key. I'd like to get it running decent so I can use it to pull the seed tender/fertilizer trailers next spring. Guess it depends on how much time I have on my hands after I get the house done and Shay and I get moved.

Dad and I ended up trading for the tractor we went to O'Neill to look at. We traded in our John Deere 8120 (which had 190 horsepower) for this John Deere 8320 (which is rated at 215 horsepower - it's probably close to 230). It's an '02 and has 6500 hours, so don't be getting any ideas about us "rich farmers." I didn't get a picture of it while it was on the trailer, but I got a few after we got it unloaded. Here's one:


And here's the 8120 loaded on the truck, ready to head down the road:




It was kind of sad to see it go, as it was my first tractor. On the other hand, I'm pretty excited about the 8320. Hopefully it'll be a good tractor for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment