Friday, December 9, 2011

We're Back

I suppose I should've warned you all that we were headed to Vegas for a few days this week. We left Sunday morning and got back yesterday morning. Our flight left Vegas yesterday at 6:15, so we were up at 3:30 local time, which would've been 5:30 here. We just kinda lounged around the house yesterday when we got home. We had a good time - went to the National Finals Rodeo, gambled, ate, gambled, etc. Shay's parents took us downtown to the old part of Vegas, which I really enjoyed. I had been to Vegas once before, but we didn't go to that area. I actually like it a lot better than the strip. The Blackjack tables are a lot more fun and the cocktail waitresses come around more often. And they actually put whiskey in your drink. We had a good time, and I would share pictures, but they're on Shay's camera, which is in her purse. So.


Today it's back to the grindstone. Culligan is coming over to install a water softener in the house, and Wednesday the carpet installers are coming, so I need to finish getting the bedroom ready to paint so Shay can paint it Sunday and Monday. The bedroom is going to be really cool by the time we're done with it. We couldn't reuse all of the shiplap in the living room, because we couldn't find any new stuff to patch it with, so my brother Sam and I pulled it off of a couple of walls last Saturday and insulated behind it (I think I've mentioned it before, but the house has never been insulated, which will also be remedied). I saved as much shiplap as I could, because Shay wants to use some of it on one wall of the bedroom. I guess it's called an "accent" wall. Once I get the wood sanded and finished, I'm sure it'll be cool.

Hope all is well with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you two got a vacation! And hopefully it was much, much warmer there than here.

    Wow, you've already gotten so much done on the house. Looking forward to seeing pictures as it's coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete