Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some Stuff, Some Things

There's been some more work done on the house - did some painting, ceiling fan, a light fixture, sanded and stained some shiplap. The Culligan guys came last Friday, the guys from Builders are coming today to blow some insulation in, and the carpet installers are coming tomorrow. It's nice to see a little bit of progress. I was about to go insane for a couple of days there. I usually handle stress pretty well, but for some reason, this house thing is getting to me. It'll all get done. Some day.

I also need to go up to St. Paul Equipment one of these days and load up my latest purchase. They had one of Grandpa's old pickups on the back lot, so I gave them $500 for it. They said they had it running and drove it around the lot, so that's a plus. It needs tires, but I have a set in the barn, so we're good there. It also needs a fan, and when it got repossessed, they broke the key tumbler all to crap, so I need to figure out how to fix that.

Dad and I also bought a new (to us) tractor, and that should be coming soon. The salesman was hoping to line trucking up for Friday. We bought a John Deere 8320 and are trading in our 8120. With Dad going 12 row, it will be nice having the extra horsepower. Our 8120 put out about 190 horsepower. They were supposed to dyno the 8320, but I haven't heard what it did. I'm guessing around 230-235. I think I should put a straight pipe on it, but Dad isn't thrilled with the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment