Monday, March 26, 2012

After Many Threats From Shay

I decided to blog.

I can't really say why I haven't felt compelled to write. It's not lack of subject. More of a lack of motivation. Once you stop writing, it kind of snowballs, and before you know it, it's been a month since you put words to paper. Or computer screen.

What's been going on? I was in the field a couple of weeks ago, but then we had rain, and now we're waiting for some stuff to get sprayed before I can get back to work. I've been cleaning up around our place lately, getting things in order in the shop, setting up my diesel and gas tanks where I want them, and taking out some small trees. I also got the mower out today to get it ready for the season and decided to mow while I was at it.

This is the latest addition to the pickup collection. I've wanted a square body Chevy or GMC for a long long time. I wanted a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive. I wanted an '87, as that was the year GM went to fuel injected engines in their trucks. It all came together a couple of Saturdays ago. Shay and I like it a lot. It needs some body work, so I'm planning on having my brother do it and paint it this winter. Maybe a 4" lift and different wheels and tires. Or not. I actually really like the steel wheel/hubcab look, so we'll see. Anyway, here it is:


These hog feeders and bulk bin were leftover from when Dad raised hogs. They were in the way, as there's a driveway next to them, plus about a billion trees had grown in the area, so I moved the feeders and bulk bin to the scrap pile and dug the trees up with the loader and put them on the burn pile. I also had the pleasure of moving a decent sized pile of cinder blocks to another location. Anyway, it's done now.
 




I finally got the shop cleaned out and put in order (for now). Eventually, I'll put overhead doors in and get some new wiring run so I can have my tools on the north end, but this will work until then. I didn't take any "before" pictures, but there were a lot of spare parts and miscellaneous stuff that needed to be burned or relocated to the barn. I believe this building is 40'x60'. These pictures were all taken from the south end.





Charlie likes to get his picture taken.




So does Hannah.


Mowed the yard.

4 comments:

  1. This would be a good time to carve out a little place for a garden. Looking at all that grass you have to mow...a garden would just cut down on all of that work, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice looking truck, I like the steel wheel hub cap look too. Had a 82 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive. Drove it from Oregon to Florida and back in 1997. Really liked it but had to rebuild the turbo 400 twice and then the 6.2 put a rod thru the block.

      Delete
  2. Good ol' pickups. I'm surprised you found one that straight.

    We bought an 84 dually 4wd last year and just finished putting a flatbed on it. We were fortunate to find it on a government auction with only 40,000 original miles. Only real problem is that the brake self-adjusters were siezed from all the sitting around.

    What engine and tranny in yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 350/TH400. I wish it had overdrive, 'cuz it's got 4.10 gears, but if I drive slower, I just get to spend more time in it. I'd love to have a dually. Almost bought one last spring, but everyone and their dog wanted it.

      Delete