Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sometimes

I wonder what it would be like to have a job that wasn't dependent on weather. A job where you got home at 5 every day and didn't think about it until the next morning. Because of this splendid weather, we'll be running balls to the wall once again this spring. They did lower the chances of rain the next few days, but there are still some 50% chances in there, and they're already saying 30% the first few days of next week. In my experience, when you don't want rain, those chances will go up. When you want rain, they disappear.

Really, though, who am I kidding? Yes, days like today drive me nuts. It was too wet to even mow the yard, and too cold to work in the shop. I hit tennis balls to the dogs until I thought I might kill them. I read about 38 magazines and started a book. Hell, I finished the laundry and put a roast in the crock pot for supper. I can't stand being cooped up in my own house. I can't imagine being cooped up at a job I didn't like. I'll quit bitching now. I just need to remind myself out loud once in awhile.

I'm going to tear out the flower beds and trim the hedge tomorrow. I might mow the grass. It's supposed to be 50 again (hallelujah) so I'm going to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment