Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I don't want to get too mushy here, but I would like to tell you faithful readers some of the things I'm thankful for:

My parents - They've been supportive of me the last few years, allowing me room to breathe, and welcoming me back with open arms. I went from farming, to studying to be a teacher, to studying to be a pastor, to finishing my English degree, to coming back to farm. Not once have they questioned me about my decisions when they probably had every right to do so.

Our dogs - Even though they can be real pains, they're always happy to see me. Maybe it's because I scoop the poop out of their pens every day. 

Music - What would our lives be like if they had no soundtrack?

Tractors - They make my life a hell of a lot easier.

Friends - I have some great ones and I miss them every day. Come visit us anytime you like.

Shay - Every day it gets better. It's really nice to come home and have someone to hang out with. The other night she taught me how to dance a little. It's nice to have someone fall asleep on you every night, even if they put their ice-block feet on you. And she's a great cook. Plus, she puts up with me, so she has to be perfect. 

God - I was thinking on the drive home tonight that nothing I have comes from me, only from Him. I deserve none of it, but for whatever reason He blesses me with all the great things in my life. I'm thankful that Christ died to give us life after this earth. I'm most thankful that he forgives the sins I commit every day, choosing to look at me through a perfect lens. How amazing is that?

Hope everyone had a good day. If you didn't, remember there's always something you've got that someone else wish they had. There's much to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the part about your parents, Ben.
    If you looked up "good parenting" in the dictionary, I think it should say "allowing me room to breathe, and welcoming me back with open arms"

    ReplyDelete