Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Tree!!!!

I used to be kind of a scrooge. I think that's changing. I'm really excited for Christmas. Tonight Shay and I got our first Christmas tree together. And yes, it's a real one. I may have cursed a few times trimming it to fit into the bottom of the stand, but hey, it smells good and it looks better. Here you go:







It's a little short on ornaments, but some are on the way from Shay's mom, and I of course had to order a John Deere tractor and a Chevy pickup. They're supposed to be here next week. The lights are the blinky ones that change a lot. The icicle lights go up around the house tomorrow.

I also bought Shay a nativity set tonight. Here she is setting it up:


Here's me with the knife I used to trim branches. I don't have a small hand saw, so this was all I could find in a pinch:





Now to buy some gifts. What does everyone want?

2 comments:

  1. Nora and I will send an ornament for you in the shape of a hand saw. (Decorative AND functional!) Merry First Christmas, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love this - the celebration.

    For Christmas, I'd like a job, please. Preferably one in the area of teaching, but I'm not too picky.

    ReplyDelete