Friday, December 24, 2010

Waiting For the Comforter to Dry

Shay's been sick the last few days, so the sheets and blankets all got washed. The pesky comforter won't dry, though, so I'm kind of waiting up for it to get done. When you're poor newlyweds you can only afford one comforter, I guess. 

I didn't blog yesterday. Apologies. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood. I was tired from not sleeping much the night before and keeping a sharp eye on Shay. I'm going to be a wreck when we have kids. I'd look over at her every 5 minutes or so to make sure she was still breathing while she was sleeping on the couch. It was a tough task when she rolled over on her side. The blankets kind of swarmed around her, but with an eagle eye, I could detect he breathing. I don't think it's common for healthy women to die of a cold, but I'm not taking any chances. Shay and I slept in separate beds last night so I wouldn't get sick. While trying to fall asleep, I was in that weird not-quite-asleep-and-cognizant-enough-to-have-crazy-thoughts stage, and I thought to myself "What if Shay dies in her sleep?! I'd be in the next room and never know it. I'm such a bad husband." That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep.

She's probably annoyed with me by now. I think I ask her every 7 minutes how she's feeling, if she needs anything, if her throat hurts. 

I'm pretty excited about this weekend. Hope everyone who is traveling travels safely and that much Christmas cheer and goodwill is spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment