Thursday, October 6, 2011

Auction Report

One of my faithful readers pointed out to me at 10:30 last night that I hadn't blogged about the land auction.

Well, Mom and Dad bought it.

The plan is to section part of it off, so Shay and I will get the home place and some of the land. We'll buy it from Mom and Dad with a Beginning Farmer Loan from the FSA. I'm guessing we'll start on all of that stuff after harvest, as Mom and Dad don't close until November 4th.

It was a good day. There were a lot of farmers from the area there, and most of them stood near us during the auction. The other bidder was a kid from another town about 30 miles from here (long story). One of the guys I used to move snow with offered to kick his ass. I guess the point of that story was it felt really nice to me to know that the local guys were supportive of us. They all seemed really happy for us after the auction ended.

I don't know if any of you have been to a land auction, but they like to draw it out. The minute or so before the auctioneer said "sold" might've been the longest minute of my life.

I'm a little scared about being a home/landowner, but I figure if God awarded Shay and I this opportunity, He'll help us out along the way. I'll take some pictures of the place and share them here as soon as I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment