Monday, October 24, 2011

I Figured

Since it's been almost a week, maybe I should blog again.

We're about done cutting beans. I'm a little superstitious, so I won't say we'll get done today, but we should get done today. If we hadn't been down a few days with the combine, and if it hadn't rained, and... It doesn't matter. We'll get done. Soon. 

That means the best part of being a farmer will start hopefully in the next couple of days - picking corn. I'll try to remember my camera... I haven't been very good about that.

Harvest is so awesome. We work and worry and pray and bitch and moan, but when it comes down to it, God is the one that provides and blesses, not us. He works through us not to provide only for our families, but for many, many others. It's awesome to be a part of the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment