Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Big Day Is Finally Here

I haven't blogged about this much at all, if any, because it's been a touchy subject for me. The place I grew up on is selling at auction today. I tried most of the summer to get it bought, and for a lot of reasons I won't go into here, didn't get it done. Let's just say the landowner is a strange bird.

It's weird to think that Shay and I might be owning the farm I grew up on. It's also weird to think the place that I've called home for 25 years might not be a part of my life anymore. I've had so many mixed emotions about this day - pissed, scared, nervous, calm - and now that it's here, all I am is calm. Whatever happens, happens. There's one thing I've learned in my short time on earth, and it's that God uses every situation for good. We might not see it tomorrow, or next week, or next year, but it will be to further His kingdom. If this doesn't work out, something will somewhere down the line.

I just hope I can stay this calm during the sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment