Monday, August 15, 2011

Winter Project

I've kind of gotten into lawn and garden tractors the last year or so. Not really sure why. Shay doesn't understand it, but she just kind of rolls her eyes and lets it go. I've been looking for an old John Deere to fix up. I was looking for a 140, but couldn't find an affordable one. I found this 120 on craigslist in Wahoo. Went to look at it today, took it for a spin, and fell in love. I think Dad kind of got the bug, too. He was looking at a couple of mowers. We'll see where this goes. I wouldn't mind rebuilding one or two a year and selling them for profit if I could. I'm going to keep this one, though, because they were only made for two years - 1970 and '71. It doesn't look so hot now, but the last picture is what I hope it will look like when I'm all done with it. I'm going to hopefully replace the bearings in the deck tomorrow so I can mow with it for the rest of the summer. Don't make fun of my lawn mower nerd-dom too much, please.






No comments:

Post a Comment