Friday, August 24, 2012

8/24... I Think

I don't remember the date and I'm too lazy to look it up, which should tell you how lazy I am, considering I could move my cursor and find out in about two seconds.

Anyway.

Not a whole lot going on lately. I finally took my CDL drive test the other day and passed. If I would've remembered how to back up I would've gotten a perfect score, but as it stands, I lost three points on my test. I think you can lose eight and still pass. I had a lady walk in front of me while I was coming into town on the highway, so that could've been interesting. 25,000 pound semi, 150ish pound woman... Who would've won? I cursed the woman aloud, and the lady that was giving my test started laughing. I assumed that was a good sign. But anyway, I'm glad that's over with. I haven't been that nervous since I gave presentations in college.

Which was 3 years ago. Seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were playing beer pong and civil war in the house on 1st Street, Seward, Nebraska. A good friend from college was here last week, Mr. Kevin Richter, who is studying to be a pastor now. Good kid, that one. It's pretty wild to see where we are now compared to where we were then. I remember doing Greek flash cards with him and laughing at Helen Keller jokes in the basement of the library (I know, juvenile.) when we should've been studying for a test. One weekend we grilled every meal from supper Friday to supper Sunday. A professor lived behind our house, and I remember Kevin and I going out to light the grill on Saturday morning around 10 with a beer in hand. We kept it classy.

I'm irrigating corn for the last time. We'll be picking up pipe soon, possibly tomorrow depending on how motivated I get. And if Dad doesn't have other projects in store. We could be picking corn in a couple of weeks. Dad's got a 97 day variety that is turning pretty rapidly. I'll be interested to see what moisture it's testing by the end of next week.

The beans will probably take water for 2-3 more weeks. Usually, we cut beans before picking corn, but I think this year will be the opposite. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment