Monday, August 13, 2012

Weather/Pickup/Bean Pictures

The weather this year has been so... weird. It was hot all spring, hot all summer. Now, it's beautiful. After all of those 95+ degree days, 82 with a breeze feels so darn good. We haven't ran our air conditioning three of the last four days. Thank you, Lord, for this break. We all needed it, and He knew it.

I shredded a bunch of weeds today. That's the majority of what I do this time of year. I did finally get my pickup into town to get worked on. I haven't had brakes for two months and my exhaust is held up by baling wire. I tried washing all of the mud off of it before I took it into town, but that didn't work out so well. It's amazing the abuse pickups can take and not die. I would've given up a long time ago.

I debated whether or not to add these pictures, because they are kind of unbelievable. Last night, Andy and Kristin came over for supper, and Andy and I went on a crop tour. I grabbed a random bean plant, but really, it must've been a tree. The stalk was as big around as my thumb. We looked at it and left. This morning, I got curious, so I went back and looked at it. It had 244 pods on it. A normal bean plant will have 30-60. I have never seen a mutant like this. The only way I can explain it is that God has grown these beans, because there is no way I am smart enough or talented enough to do it. Every time I walk that field, I find something else that boggles my mind. It's always a reminder that God will provide for and bless His children. It will be interesting to see how they do this fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment