Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rain. And More Rain

It rained all night and it's supposed to rain all day. We're in a flood watch. There's a 40% chance of rain Friday and Friday night. It could be like 3 years ago if it doesn't quit. The real bitch of all of this is that in two months, we'll be pissing and moaning that it never rains. When it's wet and cool like this, the corn doesn't develop very long roots, so when it gets hot later in the summer, we have to water quite a bit, or else the corn gets mad at us.

When I say it could be like 3 years ago, this is what I'm talking about:



The water was actually running through Grandma and Grandpa's basement. These pictures are after the water went down some.


I don't have any pictures of the cattle yard, but it was chest deep in some places. The machine shed had water in it. 

That's a fence post sticking out of the water.


These pictures were taken by my sister, Alli. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen again. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment