Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ambush!

You thought this was a blog about farming. Wrong.

Well.

Right.

Most of the time.

I need to break out of that shell for a few moments. I was wasting time on YouTube today and came upon a channel that "specializes" in country music videos. Not just any country music videos, mind you, but those from the early to mid 90s. I had forgotten how terrible they were. Today, I give you the first installment of:

Great Songs With Laughable Videos

I love this song. It was one of my favorites growing up. Thank God we didn't have cable at the time, because if I would've seen this, I would've hated the song. Or tried to cop the dance moves and the mullet. No, it's not what you think. And by the way, Billy Ray Cyrus had some great songs, so leave the guy alone about the mullet and the dancing. No, I bring to you another great mullet of early to mid 90s country music, Hal Ketchum with his hit single, "Small Town Saturday Night". The video within the video creeps me out.

3 comments:

  1. I grew up on this song, too! Who doesn't love the mullet of the 90s? "Business in the front, PARTY IN THE BACK!"

    I think if a guy ever danced like that anywhere in my vicinity, that'd be an instant deal breaker.

    Ahh, I'm looking forward to more of these installments. :)

    And let's not even get started on how the kiddos appear...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know where to start. Okay. I think I've got it together again.

    First of all, why does that pony show up at the end? That's just surreal, too surreal for country music, if you want my honest opinion. Save it for the circus.

    As for his dancing, his hair, and the two caterpillars living above his eyes, all I have to say is: So this is what happens when you cross Don Johnson from Miami Vice with two caterpillars, a pony, a bunch of underage drinking, and a couple of noodles for legs.

    I give it a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was the glass of wine I just finished drinking, but you people are HILARIOUS. I mean, the caterpillars? I'm on the floor.

    I would like to point out, however, that I think the dancing featured by Mr. Ketchum is simply an early precursor to the "shuffle" that is now blazing its way across the nation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8
    And that's not a joke.
    I love that party rock anthem video,
    and it endears me to this country video.

    And also - scott said he loves this country song, too.

    ReplyDelete