Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Spring

Finally.

I've heard that the masses have been missing my blog posts. Sorry about that. I promise I'll do better from now on.

We're preparing to go back to the field. I didn't have my camera today, so you'll have to imagine. First thing I did today - paid off a loan. I sold my '07 Chevy pickup Saturday. It feels nice to be that much more out of debt. Then I had to help Grandpa load up some pipe he bought at an auction Saturday. After dinner Dad and I put a new rear window seal and door seal in the 8120, and we put the hydraulic top link on. Went and got the row stalker, and not long after that, something went wrong with the seat in the tractor. Our tractors have air ride seats in them, which are nice, until they break. Dad thinks an air line has a hole in it. Then we moved a bunch of shop equipment from the shop at Mom and Dad's old place to the shop at their new place.

Going to an auction tomorrow. I've been looking for a stalk chopper, sprayer, and square body ('73-'87) Chevy/GMC pickup all winter. All of those things are on the sale tomorrow. The priority list is as follows:

Stalk chopper
Pickup
Sprayer
Polish Dog

Shay's going along, so that should be neat.

Congrats go out to a couple of couples I know. JJ and Kelli Jensen had their first child last Friday - Jace Tobey. We're going to meet the little fella on Thursday. Also, congrats to Scott and Teagan Dinslage. Blessings on your marriage!

Also, for those of you that remember my rant about the government, my operating loan got funded today. I can farm now. I'm still not very happy about the process, but that 2.2% interest rate sounds pretty ok to me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with/approve of everything here except the Polish Dog being last on the list. Nora informed me today that food is the most important part of being a human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I was going to say nearly the same first sentence Lisa did until I clicked on "comment" and saw she beat me to it.

    Congrats on selling the truck.
    I like the name Jace.
    Where's your weekly poetry?

    ReplyDelete