Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Laundry

I have no idea how my mother stayed sane doing laundry for 7 people. I can't stay caught up with Shay and I. I think I've washed 147 towels today. I don't mind the washing and drying part. It's the folding and hanging I can't stand. Also, laundry is a whole new experience as a married man. In college, I did one load a week. Throw everything in there, turn it on cold, let 'er rip. Now I have to separate, bleach, use three different temperature settings at any given time. Then I have to remember not to dry the bras, dress pants, or jeans. Then I have to figure out what gets folded and what goes on hangars. Neil Young once said "a man needs a maid." I agree with Neil.

In other news, I strongly urge all of you to download a song called "Everybody Needs Love" by the Drive-By Truckers. I know I talk about them a lot, but I'm not sorry about it. Seriously, if you like music, and I know you do, you should hear this song. If you don't like it, what've you lost? Approximately four and a half minutes.

Keep on folding in the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment