Monday, June 6, 2011

Idiots on TV

Shay is watching some show on HGTV and the nerd mog that is searching for a place to live just said "I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy things like curtains and mattresses." Ok, then. Live with your parents until you're 60. Grow up much, my generation?

Well, today was right on par with the last month or so. The morning went ok. Actually, most of the afternoon was ok. The part that sucked was when I had a drive chain on the planter break. No big deal, I'll call Toner's and get a couple. I drive over there (about 20 minutes one way), grab the chains, and head back. As soon as I took the chain out of the box, I knew I was about to get mad. It was too long and not wide enough for my sprockets, which I should've expected, because the guy that "helped" me looks like the only equipment he's worked on is his Lego kingdom. I drove back to Toner's and made sure to talk to someone who doesn't have their head up their ass. He made me a couple chains, gave me four connectors and two half links, and sent me on my way. It took all of thirty seconds to put the chain on. I don't understand parts guys. Half of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, and it always ends up screwing up my day. Maybe I should go smash their keyboards or rip half the pages out of their parts manuals. Really, is it that difficult to look up a part number and make sure it matches what I ask for? I told him the exact model of planter it was, and the exact chain. Apparently, a picture doesn't help, because I'm sure he looked at one on his computer. It only cost me about 20 acres today, but hey, no skin off his ass. Weathermen and parts guys are the only people that get paid to be wrong, I think. That being said, there are a few good ones out there - James and Kenny at St. Paul, Darren in Grand Island. They're just few and far between, I guess.

1 comment: