Thursday, June 2, 2011

Well Hell

As they say. It was a real peach today. 

Tried to plant beans. I planted for a couple of minutes and got out to dig around and check my seed depth. While doing so, the vacuum on my planter shut off magically. The hydraulics on the 8120 have been a little goofy since we bought it (even though Green Line has "fixed" it a couple of times), so I didn't think much of it. I got back in the tractor to find that the vacuum wouldn't restart. And the hydraulic drive wouldn't run. And my 3 point wouldn't lift the planter. Adam from St. Paul Equipment came out, and told me what the problem was. I can't remember... I'm dumb. Anyhow, I was supposed to take the planter off and drive the 8120 up to St. Paul so they could fix it. I got about halfway home and something started making a whining noise under the seat. Where the hydraulic pump is located. A couple of hours later, I waved bye-bye as I watched a semi haul the tractor away. I can't wait to see that bill. 

After dinner, I was driving Dad's 8110 over to Grandpa's to put seed in and noticed that a seal on his front end was leaking. Or streaming. That might be a better word. Dad filled the front end with oil and left. Luckily the leak quit while he was planting. 

If it's not one thing, it's another. 

Hopefully we'll have the 8120 back tomorrow or Saturday. The weather is supposed to hold up for a week or so, which should give us time to get done planting, provided things dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment