Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Never Planting the First of June Again

Those are the words I said the day I got finished planting last year. I'm not done yet this year. So... 

The 8120 was supposedly fixed. Hooked it back up to the planter yesterday, went to the field, and all was well. I planted about 10 acres and headed for the seed tender to fill up. Right before I started filling the planter, the vacuum shut off. And the 3 point wouldn't pick up the planter. Looks like it'll be headed back to St. Paul tomorrow. Luckily Dad got done with his planter this morning, so he took it off and we put the twin row on his tractor. I got about 50 acres of my pivot done today. I've got about 20 acres left over there, then another 80 or 90 acres on my other farm. Dad has about 15 acres left. I'm really hoping we'll be done Tuesday, but the way things are going, I'm not holding out much hope. 

On the plus side, my corn looks pretty good so far. Well, most of it. Some of it sat under water too long and died, and some of it was planted on a sand hill, and wouldn't you know, the first few days it was out of the ground the wind blew 400 mph. It's a little sandblasted. Hopefully we don't get more flooding, or hail, or high winds, or a Godzilla attack, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment