Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Tired

We've got most of Dad's pipe laid out. There's about a load left. We started laying Grandpa's pipe out today. As much as I hate laying out pipe, I don't mind doing it for Grandpa. I had this weird thought today when I was helping Grandpa. I was wondering what I was doing 10 years ago, and most likely, it was the same thing. And then I got to watching Grandpa, and how he still walks the same, how he still wears the same type of hat, how his Rustlers have the same worn spot in the left back pocket that holds his wallet. But then I got to thinking about how he's 73 now, and I'm 25 now, and where in the hell has all the time gone? And what will we be doing 10 years from now? And as much as I hate to think about it or admit it, I realize that my time with Grandpa is probably shorter now than it is long. I hope the next 10 years slows down some.

1 comment:

  1. Make it slow down, Ben. I bet you could do that. ;) (I need to take my own encouragement...)

    ReplyDelete