Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We're OK

No hail or tornadoes here. We ended up with about 1.75" total rainfall, which was a good thing. It was starting to get dry. The corn is really going to take off now, so when we can get into the field to hill, we're going to be pretty busy. What's hilling, you ask? It's part of our irrigating process. I'll take pictures and explain when I get back to the field.

Shay asked me to waste some time so she could fall asleep on the couch before we went to bed. Apparently, we're 84 years old. She hasn't moved for about 20 minutes. She's going to get pissed at me when I wake her up to go to bed. Do not wake my wife up unless absolutely necessary. She will not take responsibility for her actions, which usually include cussing and fighting.

Finished a book tonight - Junkyard Dogs by Craig Johnson. It's part of a mystery series. Yeah, yeah, I know, mystery books are terrible. These are different. They're written by a guy that lives in a town of approximately 14 people in Wyoming. They center around a sheriff named Walt Longmire who tends to quote Shakespeare. I like 'em a lot, so if you like to read, you should probably check them out. The Cold Dish is the first in the series, in case you were wondering. 

Am I the only one that gets tired of status updates on Facebook proclaiming the praises of oneself? I also get tired of people my age acting like they are the first on earth to buy a house, get married, have a baby, get a job, buy a car, read a book, watch monkeys on the National Geographic channel, pick their nose, or chew on their toenails. Ok, I don't know if anyone chews on their toenails, but I think you get my point. Shut up, people. You ain't the first, you won't be the last. 

Welp, it's time to poke the bear that is sleeping on my couch with a stick. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. You should have a conversation with Scott about facebook statuses (stati?).

    And a person we had over here at the house once chewed on his toenail while sitting on our couch. True story.

    I like your sense. Glad to know you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I'm glad all's okay out by you after all of the storms I heard were passing through NE. The pictures/videos online were scary looking.

    Also, Teagan, please say that it was a child who chewed their toenail on your couch...

    ReplyDelete